8.24.2008

Class of '98

Who's House???
This year was my 10 year high school reunion for the 1998 graduating class of East High School. East High has a long history in Salt Lake and I am proud of my alma mater. It doesn't seem like 10 years have passed, but it seems the older I get, the faster time flies. I remember high school like it was yesterday, I loved my years spent in high school and I met my closest friends and my husband there. Some of my favorite things in school were being part of the dance company and cheering as a song leader during my Senior year.

This year I had the opportunity to help out on the reunion planning committee. I took on a big job and helped Lauren out with finding venues, hiring caterers and contacting old classmates. It was a long and stressful job (probably more so than most of you know) but definitely worth it all in the end. It was fun to plan with Lauren and I feel like I have re-established an old friendship.
The event was held at the JCC on August 16th. Earlier that day Lauren, Amy, Amy's sister, Liz, and I met to set up and decorate the room. Amy did a fabulous job with the decor, we were so lucky to have her help.
That night, with much anxiety and excitement, the reunion was in full effect. I was really looking forward to the evening and I was pleasantly surprised with how many people came. It was so great to see everyone. I loved hearing what everyone has been up to since I last saw them. There were a lot of people I was excited to see and catch up with and some I hadn't seen since graduation night. I feel like almost everybody looked the same just a little older and wiser, no real surprises. Everyone mingled and it seemed like we've all matured from our high school days. I was pleased that everyone was having a good time...especially after all of the work that went into planning.
My girls: Amy Shumway Hart, Kim Hamlet Hammer, me, & Ashley Whipple Malin

Cheers to a fantastic night with old friends! See you all in another 10.

3 comments:

  1. We're hot! However, I think I missed the boob bus in this pic!! DAMN ME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way cute pictures! I agree with Kim you all do look hot! I feel as though I graduated with you all as well, since I've known you all forever! Looks like you guys had fun. And it seems your reunion was a lot more formal then ours (I guess that is what you get for logan) Love your dress! I had so much fun at lunch. It was great catching up! love ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys did such a great job, and I'm so glad I went! You all look totally gorgeous. It was good to see you again!

    ReplyDelete

some lovin'