4.20.2009

It's Britney, B!tch

Okay, okay. I know what you're all thinking ::gasp:: "she really went to the Britney Spears concert?"

Ummm ye-ah. Whether we like to admit it or not, she's an icon and one of the biggest icons of my generation. She's everywhere. And let's face it folks, she puts on one hell of a show! I have to hand it to her, the songs make me want to dance and I can't help but get a huge grin and sing every word to hit me baby, one more time.
She put on quite the production for her Circus tour and I was impressed by the performance of all her dancers and entertainers. Britney sang (well, lip synced) all of her #1's and in Britney fashion, the dancing was pretty amazing. Her set design was really cool so props to the set designer. If you think the Britney fans are few & far between, you are completely mistaken! This was almost a sold out show at the Energy Solutions Arena. I couldn't believe all the people, girls mainly. Ashley and I were laughing the entire time and in Ashley's words, "we look like we're going to church compared to these girls!" Perfectly stated. It was hood rat nation! I was in people watching heaven all night.
Thanks Ash for a fun night even if we did spend an hour at a complete stand still in the Gateway garage at midnight on a Tuesday. And for the girl who thought she was in a music video, crawling on the hood of her car...please for the love of God...purchase a pair of leggings and spend the dough on some real hair extensions!

2 comments:

  1. I am so freaking jealous! I totally wanted to go but didn't ever get around to buying tickets. Maybe another year....I actually like Britney!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have gone with you gals For sure! I'm trying to get tickets for Lady GaGa and black eyed peas here. I love when a concert puts on a great show! Like Gwen rocks. I love when they change sets and clothes etc. Super fun. (even if she did lip sinc)

    ReplyDelete

some lovin'