11.02.2008

HaPpY hAlLoWeEn!

One of my favorite things to do at Halloween (besides eat all the candy) is carve pumpkins. I am very methodical when it comes to picking out my pumpkin. It has to be the perfect color and shape, either perfectly round or tall and skinny, it has to sit right (no tipping), and last but not least, it must have a good stem (curly q's are a plus).

This year Ashley and the kids met at my mom & dad's for pizza and pumpkin carving. I did most of the gutting...I'm weird, but I love this part. The kids drew faces and Ashley and Cardy helped them cut 'em out. Hailey's pumpkin had to have been 40 lbs. My dad measured the inside and it was 3 inches thick, not an easy task! Sam wanted a mouse cut into his so we put Cardy's creative skills to the test.

Our Jack O Lanterns turned out super cute. Between all of us, we carved 6 pumpkins. After carving we put them on the front porch and lit them. Ta-da! Well Carved!

The next day, Cardy and I took our nieces, Chile & Sage to pick out a couple pumpkins. Once again, I did most of the gutting while the girls debated on what kinds of faces to carve. Chile went with a two faced theme and Sage decided on a happier Jack. Cardy always likes scary faces!

Halloween just wouldn't be the same without some good ol' Jack O Lanterns to set the mood!

No comments:

Post a Comment

some lovin'