10.31.2008

New York Trip- Part II

Although upstate New York was beautiful, I was not going to miss an opportunity to see and explore Manhattan. I have always wanted to go to New York City so when the Murphy wedding came along, Cardy and I jumped on the chance.

Cardy's cousins, Teresa & Rich, live in Jersey City and we were so awesome to let us stay with them. Rich was born in New York and was an excellent tour guide during our stay. Without him, there is no way we would have seen as much as we did in 1 day. Here is a list of the things we did and saw on Day 1 of our trip to NYC:

-took the subway to Ground Zero (basically just a construction site. best view is from the subway down below)

-toured a memorial/tribute to the 9/11 victims and volunteers in the church across the street from the WTC site. (quite amazing & astonishing at the same time)
-ate a Grey's Papaya hot dog (the original, just like in Fool's Rush In)

-walked through Central Park (I was ready to put on my work out clothes and go for a jog just like in the movies!)

-Wall Street & Trump Tower

-saw a McDonald's on 5th Avenue with an actual grand piano (who knows??? don't ask.)

-5th Avenue (the boys were surprised I didn't want to stop in every designer store along the way. Why would I? Don't get me wrong, I love designer shops but I only really like to shop for things I can afford...take me to Canal street so I can strike a bargain with the best of em!)

-St. Patrick's Church (truly amazing.)

-Rockefeller Plaza (think Today Show, Good Morning America, SNL...)

-Nintendo World (of course! No trip would be complete without a video game stop.)
-ate New York style pizza at Little Italy

-Grand Central Station (was apparently going to be torn down but was saved by Jackie Kennedy)

-New York City library (probably one of my favorite things I saw. built in the late 1800's, the entire building is made of marble with grand staircases and chandeliers. incredible.)

-Time Square (unfortunately, no Naked Cowboy)
We walked from 72nd ave to 33rd with many stops and detours along the way. Around 11:00 p.m. we finally caught the train back to Jersey City!

DAY 2:
Our 2nd day in the city, Teresa was our tour guide and she took us to Ellis Island where we took a boat ride to the Statue of Liberty. After, she took us to Canal Street and through Soho to do a little shopping (Cardy finally made it to a B-APE store).

We did not rest for one minute during our time in the city but it was well worth it. I loved NYC and was not at all intimidated by the amount of people or the fast pace, in fact...I can't wait to go back!

2 comments:

  1. Yay!! What a fun trip!! I see you found photoscape. It's fun right?? Your collages look really awesome!! You guys went to some of my favorite places in NYC. Man, it makes me want to take a trip there. I wanted to tell you a cool tip about photoscape. If you resize your collage before you drop the pictures in, then when you post it, people can click on your collage and it pulls up to fill the screen. Then they can see your beautiful face better! You hit the acorn icon and scroll down to 225% and it will pull up bigger when posted. Happy Blogging! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip...I was wondering how you do that!

    We had so much fun, I can't wait to go back.

    ReplyDelete

some lovin'