9.11.2010

Dog Lake

Last month we took Zoe on a hike to Dog Lake in Millcreek Canyon. We loved it! The trail is gorgeous, you can't beat the mountains in the Fall. We didn't know what to expect taking this hike. We had heard mixed reviews on the intensity of the trail. The hike was a little longer and a little more strenuous than I was hoping. Luckily, I was prepared with enough water, snacks and good shoes. I tried not to complain too much, especially when we would see kids and even a few pregnant ladies on the trail. I guess if they can do it, so can I.


At the end of the trail, Zoe was excited to see the water and couldn't wait to get wet and play with the other dogs. We hung out at the lake for a bit and enticed Zoe into the water with sticks to fetch until she learned to swim. We were so excited when she first did it. It's amazing how innate swimming is for dogs. As soon as she realized she could paddle, it was all over- we have a swimmer!


For as difficult I felt the hike was on the way up, the way down smooth sailing! In fact, we ran down a good majority of the trial. It was such a good day spent with Cardy and Zoe. I love getting outdoors and being active - it makes me feel so good!

1 comment:

  1. Good times! The last time I hiked there with some people we avoided dog lake due to the monster horse flys but ended up walking around 3 mountains. They told me the hike was 2 hours but 6 hours later we made it back to the cars!

    ReplyDelete

some lovin'